Sunday, Feb 15 - Texas, Texas, Texas

The only thing that really went wrong at all today was being over budget. This is due to an extra long mileage day, and a breakfast at Denny's. I thought Denny's was supposed to be cheap! $9.61 after tip isn't a good deal for a crapo breakfast. Good thing I'm headed to where the food is better and cheaper.

I wasn't so sure of Texas distances - everyone always talks about how big it is, so I really didn't know if I'd be able to make it all the way to the bottom today. I did, and I'm at a county park campground ($15) in Arroyo City, recommended by the Tourist Information lady. I'm hoping to find some places like that in Mexico, but I don't know if they'll be where I want to go. Made a nice lentil dinner, ate it all, and got the bike packed up for the night just as it got dark.

The weather has been a little crazy though. I had to ride all day with a wet right boot, because apparently it didn't make it all the way under the tarp last night. Some other stuff was wet too, but most of it dried out by the afternoon. It rained a little at the beginning of the day, then really overcast, then instantaneously clear until about 3:30, then overcast and rainy, then overcast and windy while I made dinner.

Tomorrow it's Mexico! I have no clue what to expect - none at all. It's probably good like that, no disappointments. It's a US holiday though, so I hope the insurance places are open. I feel generally good though, like I've had a fulfilling day.

No comments:

Post a Comment